Canvas Technical Help for ASTR/PHYS 109
Last Update 09/14/21
We will be using Canvas for three things:
If you have problems getting something to work in Canvas
- Quizzes (Warmups, End of Chapter Quizzes, PLRQ Quizzes and Feynman Diagram Assignments)
- TurnItIn (Papers)
- Peerceptiv (Papers)
If you have problems in with TurnItIn
- Start with the technical questions in the main course Canvas documentation which can be found here. For example, if you are not getting mail see the last question in Section 1.1.
- Your first line of defense is to try another browser, or to update the one you have. While Canvas typically works well with all browsers for quizzes, it has some problems with a number of browsers for TurnItIn or Peerceptiv. Check your Browser here
- If you are finding you can't copy/paste from Canvas we encourage you to check that you are using the most current version of Chrome or Firefox, and using a computer not your phone. You can also try incognito model. If this doesn't work try the next steps
- If that doesn’t work you call Helpdesk Central or call (979) 845-8300 or send email to email@example.com. Feel free to cc 109GeneralHelp@physics.tamu.edu if you struggle
- If that doesn't work, go to the Student Computing Centers to see if you have the same problem on their machines
- If none of those work, send mail to 109GeneralHelp@physics.tamu.edu so we know what’s going on.
If you have problems getting something to work in Peerceptiv
- The best way to check that TurnItIn is working for you is to follow the instructions here
- Some Operating Systems and browsers work better than others. The current known working versions can be found here.
- If switching browsers doesn't help, we recommend that you clear the cache and cookies in your browser. Below are links for each of the supported browsers with guidance to do so.
- If that doesn't work, we recommend going one of the Student Computing Centers to see if it is your computer.
- Your first line of defense is to try follow all the instructions for Canvas.
- If that doesn't work, follow the instructions for TurnItIn.
by David Toback 09/14/21