TurnItIn Instructions for ASTR/PHYS 109 and 119
Submitting Documents to TurnItIn
Last Update 01/20/21
We will be using TurnItIn for ASTR/PHYS 109 for both a copy of your paper (after submitting to Peerceptive) as well as for any revisions of papers (optional).
TurnItIn is used to evaluate for evidence of Plagiarism: TurnItIn will evaluate your paper and after a short period of time (this time will vary depending on internet traffic) you will be able to view your originality report for your
submission. If your originality report for your submission is a very low number (<5% is ideal, 10% is often ok, but we'll look) you are done and we can grade your paper. If it is not, your paper will be considered further for evidence of plagiarism. For more information about the plagiarism policy click.
Instructions for Submitting a Document to TurnItIn:
The following are instructions for students on how to turn in their papers to TurnItIn for the course. The idea is that you
turn it in to TurnItIn but using the eCampus interface for the course. Once your paper is submitted an
authenticity report will be generated indicating to what degree (if at all)
your paper has been found to have been duplicated from another source. If you can't find your score, or have concerns, send email to 109GeneralHelp@physics.tamu.edu
There is nothing to sign up for, and no other web sites to go to
- Go to the website eCampus.tamu.edu
- Get into your course (the same as you would normally do to access quizzes)
- Click the TurnItIn link and contine to the paper/report you are submitting for
- Click "Submit paper"
- Fill out the form it brings up and select what file to upload (submitting .pdf files is preferred over .doc files). Your paper must be in MS Word, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, or Plain Text
format in order to be submitted.
- Finally in the upper corner click the Submit button. This will bring you to a confirmation page. Once you are certain you want to submit this paper click Yes, Submit
- Make sure you get a Receipt for your submission in your email. That is how you will tell if it went in correctly. If you don't get a Receipt for the correct assignment, it has not been turned in correctly
Submission Problem Help:
Some people experience trouble submitting to TurnItIn with eCampus. For help start here
Created by Jonathan Asaadi (10/11/07)
Last Updated by David Toback 01/20/21